LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT GIFT? Take a peek hereNovember 1, 2022
Adult Intro to Zips: Sew a makeup / box pouch : 22 February 6.30-9pmNovember 22, 2022
Adult Intro to Classic Patchwork Quilt Making 26 February 10-4pm
Whether you choose to sew it in Christmas fabrics for some festive cheer or use some special pieces of fabric that resonate with you and remind you of people and places that you have visited, a Quilt is such a beautiful keepsake created with love (and a bit of time and effort) but enjoyed for years & years to come!
My aunt is a wonderful quilt maker and we still use the quilt she made especially for our wedding present more than 20 years ago!
WHAT DO I NEED?
– you must be able to use a sewing machine and confidently be able to sew straight lines
– you will need to bring your own choice of fabrics – this is because a Quilt is such a beautiful personalised item that you really want to take a little time out to think about your colours, who the quilt is for or where it might be going and whether you want it to bring calmness or energy or a festive feel and choose Fabrics accordingly so that your Quilt will tell a story of its own!
– you will also need to bring your own binding to finish the quilt and this should either be complimentary or contrasting to your quilt design as it really frames the edges
– You will receive expert instruction from our experienced tutors, use of all our machines tools and threads.
– You will also receive calico backing for your quilt. If you want to use your own fabric for the backing, just please email us after your booking so that we can send you information on sizing.
Once you have booked we will email you all the necessary sizing information in terms of how much fabric, wadding & binding you will need
WHAT WILL I MAKE?
The final size of the quilt that we are working to is a lap quilt size. This will vary slightly depending on sewing skills & speed of work.
The quilt will either be completely bound and finished as a lap quilt or we will show you the techniques to finish it which will enable you to continue adding pieces to create a larger double or king-size quilt at home, using the same techniques you have learnt in the workshop.
After graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art with a post graduate diploma in Theatre Costume, Rachael has gone on to work across the London West End as a costume maker at the Young Vic Theatre, Sadler’s Wells and for The Phantom of the Opera. For the past six years she has worked as a senior costumier for the English National Opera making, fitting and altering clothes for a wide range of operas. Rachael is also a mum of two boys – four and one and when not busy sewing can be usually found romping around one of the local parks getting muddy!
Please note that all bookings are bound by our terms and conditions and are nonrefundable, so please check your diary carefully before booking.
If you have any questions please do email us. We look forward to welcoming you to the studio